Help with making the right decisions about your care and getting your voice heard
About the service
Advocacy is support from a professional, independent person to help you understand information and advice, and communicate your views.
Our Advocacy service is for older people in Hertfordshire. The service is there to help you understand your health and social care options, make informed decisions, ask questions, and get your voice heard. An advocate can help you if:
- You do not always understand information and advice that you are given
- You find it difficult to make your views heard or understood
- You want someone to listen to you
What can an advocate help you with?
An advocate can:
- Listen to you
- Go to meetings with you
- Speak on your behalf
- Write letters or emails with you
- Explain things to you
- Research things for you
How to get an advocate?
If you think you would benefit from our Advocacy service, please contact POhWER. There are different ways to get in touch:
- Call the Help Hub on 0300 456 2370 (charged at your standard network rate), open from Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text the word ’pohwer’ with your name and number to 81025
POhWER will ask some questions to find out if the HILS Advocacy service is right for you. If not, they can help you access another type of support.