Protecting your personal data
The General Data Protection Regulation 2016 increases your right to know what personal data organisations hold on you and what they do with it. Health & Independent Living Support (HILS) is committed to protecting your privacy and keeping you informed.
What personal data do we collect from you and why?
- We hold data on all our clients to deliver our service in the best and safest way possible. This includes:
- Essential information: without this, we are unable to deliver the service, such as: name and address, payment information, case notes.
- Important information: we need this to deliver the service safely and to a high standard, such as: allergy information, emergency contact details.
We will only use your data to deliver the service you have requested, and to tell you about changes to our services.
Who do we share your data with and why?
We will never pass your data on to third parties except in the instances outlined below:
- With trusted partners (such as the police or medical professionals) or your emergency contacts, if we have concerns about your welfare. We will always strive, where possible, to discuss this with you before proceeding.
- With other HILS teams, where you have requested information about an additional service.
- With your consent in specific circumstances (such as for evaluation and research).
We will never sell your data.
You have the right to see the personal data we hold on you at any time. We will endeavour to respond to any requests within 30 working days.
All the information we hold is retained for a specified period after we stop delivering services to you unless earlier deletion is requested. This period is based on legal requirements and industry standards.
If you would like to speak to anyone about your data, simply call us on 0330 2000 103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org